Fri, Oct 01|
North Anthracite Trail
Embodied Soul Journey Backpacking Weekend
Traverse the crucible of the trail on this four day three night backpacking excursion in the company of embodiment, ceremony, the wilds of Earth, golden aspens, early twilight, community, and deep introspection and psyche.
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2021, 9:00 AM MDT – Oct 04, 2021, 9:00 PM MDT
North Anthracite Trail, Gunnison National Forest
About The Event
Friday, October 1, 2021–Monday, October 4, 2021
Start time: 9:04 AM; End time: TBD (depending on trail conditions)
Location: Marble to Crested Butte (Horse Ranch Park)
Traverse the crucible of the trail on this 4 day/3 night backpacking excursion in the company of embodiment, ceremony, the wilds of Earth, golden aspens, early twilight, community, and deep introspection and psyche.
Along the way you will learn ways to thrive, be present, and be comfortable in the backcountry—including backcountry & primitive skills, forest bathing, soul walking, tracking through the four shields, and somatic awareness continuum. You will be guided through integrated yoga and somatic practices for inhabiting your body and Earth body fully along the trail. Additionally, our time together on the trail will be held as a relational ceremony with nature and oneself, thus, the practice of council and the map of the four shields of human nature will support the container for the ceremony. As a way of exploring, unraveling, integrating, and revealing the soul, you will be invited to attend to your inner landscape for an afternoon solo medicine walk followed by a storytelling circle following which your guides will reflect and mirror the story you tell.
There will be space and time built into our hiking each day for introspection as well as communal relations.
All participants are invited to take personal responsibility for providing and carrying their individual food (breakfast, lunch, snacks) and equipment throughout the program; alchemy of prana will provide a professional gear list and detailed logistics information. Upon request, alchemy of prana is also available to support individuals in preparation prior to embarking on the trail with a one-on-one prep call as well as a group call if needed.
- A deep soul-centered and embodied experience with the natural world
- 2 professional wilderness rite of passage guides
- Somatic and psychological practices for engaging deeply with the natural world (forest bathing, medicine walks, four shields, yoga).
- Prep-call upon request
- A blend of community and solitude
- Backcountry education
- Professional gear/packing list + how to guides
- Guidance for intent and self-generated ceremonies
- Solo medicine walk and storytelling/mirroring sessions
- 2 optional yoga sessions
- 1 private follow-up somatic, eco-therapeautic coaching session (45 minutes)
- Communal meals for 3 dinners (vegan/GF)
- Fuel & gear for cooking dinner
What’s not included:
- Backpacking Gear (although we have some gear that we are willing to lend out for borrowing)
- Trail Food
- Guide/shuttle gratuity
- Dinner (server) gratuity (last night)
- Travel/Cancellation insurance
- Transportation to/from initial trailhead
- Anything else not listed under “what’s included”
Sliding scale $300–595 (participants choose within the sliding scale what is financially supportive).
*partial or full scholarships available. Please send a letter of intent and the scholarship amount you are requesting to email@example.com
Your deposit holds your space for this program. Space is limited. Deposits are nonrefundable unless the program is cancelled. If participant cancels their registration within 3 months of start date, deposit can be transferred to another program within the same calendar year. Tuition balance is a sliding scale of $300-595. Please pay your tuition balance at least 3 weeks days program start date.