Fri, Jul 15|
Sacred Water Dance: A Wilderness Immersion with Water
Celebrate our deep connection with the sacred flow of water in the full gaze of a summer sun.
Time & Location
Jul 15, 2022, 10:00 AM MDT – Jul 18, 2022, 5:27 PM MDT
Colorado Trail, Twin Lakes, CO
About The Event
Paddle across the lake to basecamp where you are accompanied by the land and water—a sacred place for revising and reclaiming your water-connection and exploring the interconnected ways in which our human life force flows. This immersion facilitates the opening to the doorway for exploring your relationship with water through meditation, water bathing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, medicine/soul walks, backpacking/hiking, story-sharing, mirroring, and somatic practices.
We are born in water of water. We spend the first nine months of life as a water being. Stanislav Grof, a renowned transpersonal psychologist, notes in his seminal work, The Transpersonal Vision (1998), that this has largely been bypassed in the dominant psychological model of our world. However, our innate and intimate relationship with water is essential and matters deeply to the development of our psyche.
In The Four Shields of Human Consciousness model (Steven Foster, 1999), water is associated with the open, sensual, and existential nature of our inner child. In this model, water is also related to summer, passion, red, and uncensored play.
Intention / Vision:
To open and connect to our sacred dialogue with the wild earth, and allow the water of life to move us toward alignment and creativity---a sacred water dance.
Time, Location & Logistics:
Friday, July 15, 2022 to Monday, July 18, 2022
4 Day / 3 Nights:
***We will begin at 10 AM on Friday
***We will end at 4:27 PM on Monday
Twin Lakes, CO--Specific location will be sent via email once registered.
Guests will be emailed a professional logistics and gear list information upon registration.
Investment: $44.55 (min) to $444.55 (max) (sliding scale fee)
In support of diverse financial abilities, we offer this program at a sliding scale fee. The minimum scale is $44.55 and maximum of $444.55. Please contribute what supports you and the program and guides best. Also, we understand that communities have been affected by Covid-19 and the tragedies caused by systemic oppression in this country and beyond, thus we are offering this program at a discounted sliding scale fee. If the discounted scale rate does not support you and you have a sincere interest in this program, please contact us and we can negotiate a reciprocally supportive exchange. To register, please contribute $44.55 and we will send you an additional email with a link to Venmo/Paypal for those who want to contribute further.
What is included?
- A deep soul-centered ceremony with the natural world guided by two trained wilderness rite of passage guides, Colleen Bishop & Thompson Bishop
- Permits & logistics arranged for camping accommodations for 4 nights
- Canoe, SUP, and tube usage at your leisure
- Swimming/water sports
- Blend of community & solitude
- Professional gear/packing list
- Backcountry education skills
- Primitive skills (making fire by friction--- due to fire restrictions in Colorado, this is subject to change)
- Teachings of the Four Shields of Human Nature (Foster & Little, 1999)
- Storytelling & mirroring
- Guided and self-led Somatic & Nature-based Practices: Medicine/Soul Walks, Yoga, The Four Shields of Human Nature, Meditation, Sit-spot, Place-bonding, Mindfulness, Breathing practices, Hiking/Backpacking, & Sound Healing, Somatic and sensory awareness practices, and a variety of different Council formats.
What is not included:
- Camping gear (All participants are required to come prepared to live self-sufficiently for the duration of the program)
- Transportation to and from the lake (possibility to carpool)
- Guide + car-pool driver gratuity (suggested 20%)
- Travel/Cancellation insurance
- Anything else not listed under “what’s included”
DEPOSIT Sacred Water Dance '22
This program is offered at a sliding scale fee. The minimum sliding scale is $44.55. If you would like to make an additional financial contribution to support the mission and work of AOP and our guides, you can do so via Venmo/Paypal. Details on payments, logistics, and a gear list will be sent in an email. If you are registering between 6/19-7/2, please note that your guides are currently guiding another wilderness program and will send the logistics and gear list around 7/2!$44.55