Wed, Jul 31|
Colorado Basecamp near Redstone/Marble
The Art of Mirroring the Four Shields Training
The Art of Mirroring is essentially a practice of being with one another and a practice of clear seeing and interacting with the intersubjective human-nature field. It is an artful practice of enacting deep attunement with intercorporeality of this living life-world.
Time & Location
Jul 31, 2024, 8:00 AM MDT – Aug 05, 2024, 4:00 PM MDT
Colorado Basecamp near Redstone/Marble, Colorado, USA
About The Event
The Art of Mirroring is essentially a practice of being with one another and a practice of clear seeing and participating within the intersubjective/intercorporeal human-nature field. The art of mirroring is a practice of listening through attuned perceptions of the affective, physical, liminal, spiritual, and embodied state of another and reflecting the essence--the gem within. In some ways, it is a practice of making the unseen seen and cultivating deeper trust, empathic, and clear-seeing relationships with oneself, the Earth, and another being.
This training can be supportive, beneficial, and applicable to all humans. At this time we offer this training for any human aged 18+; however, if you are younger than 18 and you are interested in this offering, please send us (email) a note and we can have a conversation to see if it's mutually aligned and supportive.
The entirety of this training will be situated within ceremony in nature. It will entail actively practicing the craft of listening to the storyteller--beyond interpretation and analysis--for doorways and portals into the story. Our days will involve solo walks in each of the directions of the four shields, followed by storytelling and mirroring. As a training, participants will be invited and encouraged to practice the craft of deep listening and mirror one another's stories.
This intimate training is designed to accomodate a small group of humans. We can accomodate 6 participants. If the program is full, please email us to be added to the waitlist.
We will be dispersed car-camping on public land near Gunnison National Forest. Partipants are required to bring their own food and gear for the duration of the program with the option for the group participants to arrange some kind of potluck meals together. Details regarding gear, directions, and logistics will be sent via email upon enrolling.
The mirroring training ceremony will begin in the morning on July 31st, 2024. If possible, we recommend arriving to the backcountry dispersed site on the afternoon or evening of July 30th to get situated and set up your campsite.
*More details being added*
6 day | 5 night mirroring training
Facilitators: Colleen Bishop + Thompson Bishop
Accomodations: Dispersed permitted camping on public lands.
(there are nearby (~30 minute drive) off-site lodging/hotels for those who do not want to camp. *Offsite lodging/transportation (i.e., non-camping) is not covered in the program cost.
Investment: sliding scale fee $800-$2,400
In support of diverse financial abilities, we offer this program at a sliding scale.
- deep soul-centered ceremonial training immersed in the natural world facilitated by two trained ecotherapy and somatic practicioners, Colleen Bishop & Thompson Bishop
- Permits & logistics arranged for camping accommodations for 6 days/5 nights
- Blend of community & solitude
- Professional gear/packing list
- Backcountry education skills
- Primitive skills (e.g., honorable harvests, making fire by friction--- due to fire restrictions in Colorado, this is subject to change)
- Teachings of the Four Shields of Human Nature (Foster & Little, 1999)
- Embodied Storytelling & mirroring
- Ways of Council Practice
- Guided and self-led Somatic & Nature-based Practices: (e.g., medicine/soul walks, yoga, breathwork, meditation, The Four Shields of Human, sit-spots, place-bonding, mindfulness, hiking, sound healing, somatic and sensory awareness practices, and a variety of applicable council formats.
- Personal Food
- Personal camping gear (All participants are required to come prepared to live self-sufficiently for the duration of the program)
- Transportation to and from the site (possibility to carpool)
- Guide + car-pool driver gratuity
- Travel/Cancellation insurance
- Sale ends: Aug 05, 2024, 1:05 PM MDT
Deposit for event. Tuition is sliding scale $800-$2400 Deposits and tuition are nonrefundable and nontransferable if cancelled within 60 days of program start date Deposits and tuition are 50% refundable and transferable if cancelled 120+ days before program start date.$250.00